17/11/2016

Day 6: Environments #IntPiPoMo

Wondering what the hashtag in the title is all about? Click here. Want to know all the themes that I have used and will be using for my 10 Days of SWTOR Screenshots? You can find the full list here.


Let's start with another picture that I originally took for my Flashpoint Friday series and then never used: lightning on Taral V. I had to spam print screen a lot to actually catch a strike!


Makeb is mostly known for its beautiful mesas, but this volcano base is on Makeb too and I think it looks impressive in its own right.


Every time I get to this day in this series I mention how I don't look up enough and all the amazing sights I miss out on due to this. This year, exhibit A of this is the Rishi Maze a.k.a. an entire galaxy visible in the night sky! I wasn't even aware of it until someone told me to look up into the sky while on the northern island on Rishi - which was well after I had already run through Shadow of Revan multiple times without ever doing so.


Can you guess where this is? It actually took me a moment to remember myself: It's part of the caves in Temple of Sacrifice, around where the Underlurker... lurks. Pretty scenic, don't you think?


Even though what happens on Ziost is terrible, the lifeless black-and-white world that it becomes retains a strange beauty of its own.


Even though it might be hard, I ask you not to focus on my knight's mighty bust in this picture, as that wasn't the point - it's the funny glowing creature on the ceiling! This was in KotFE chapter seven when you enter Zakuul's old world, and I just thought it was funny that someone put in the effort to place that little creature there, inside a phase you can't go back to and where few people will even look up and notice it. Though apparently Darkbrew noticed it too! Before reading his post I didn't know that there were even more of them.


This was taken on the Tatooine Star Fortress and just fascinated me because it seemed like an odd result of the Star Fortresses' modular nature. They do tend to have some wildlife from the planet they are guarding situated behind glass panels somewhere, but slotting sand people in the same place comes across as a bit strange. They just kind of appear to have been plopped into the middle of some sort of animal nest here.


Finally, I think I've said it before, but I was quite pleased that KotFE chapter fourteen allowed us to return to Darvannis. I generally like desert planets, and I like how Darvannis manages to capture a different "flavour" of desert than Tatooine, what with the strong sandstorms, palm trees and perpetual dusk.

IntPiPoMo count: 51 - that's the target hit, but I will continue!

2 comments :

  1. I've always liked the Rishi Maze. I did manage to spot it on my first Revan run-through, though. Probably because it is central to the Inquisitor's story-ette, and my main is an Assassin.

    I was convinced that was where the Eternal Empire was going to come from. It seemed like they had set up the Rishi Maze to be a foreshadow of something significant to come. Well, I got that one wrong, didn't I? :)

    (Still think it would have been a good idea though, to make the whole thing less jarring and sudden, if for no other reason. Would have tied things together a little, and made it seem a little less like they were making up as they go along.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't worry, you weren't the only one who thought the Rishi Maze was going to be relevant to KotFE's story; I saw lots of people posting speculations about it at the time.

      They might well still do something with it later. I'm sure it pays off to have more than one plot thread to fall back on when you're short on ideas for how to continue.

      Delete

Share your opinion! Everyone is welcome, as long as things stay polite. I also read comments on older posts, so don't be shy. :)